Thursday, April 26, 2012

Class Reflection

  First, we had a very good time teaching the lesson. I felt great while teaching, not nervous at all. There were some last moment changes that had to be made all of which worked well. Our preperations prior to those changes should be described as an ongoing process. The basic plan was written following the Core Curriculum Standards. However new elements to make the lesson exciting were added as they came to us.
  As far as a behavior plan was concerned our thoughts were to keep the students busy. Furthermore it worked well as we remarked after class that there was very little misbehavior. Needless to say the plan wasn't executed as written. It was the addition of the game and "Friends" imagery that became the biggest part of the lesson. I think it was a success and I learned a few new things from the class.
  I learned to mask the Hudson County in my voice. Such phrases as "gonna" or "me and him" I will avoid in the future. All in all it was a great class.

5 comments:

  1. Neil,

    I particularly enjoyed your lesson. I felt that you and Joe executed your objectives well. The activity of the class divide was really great and proved to be an effective demonstration of the way the war began. Not only was your lesson creative, but the two of you knew your material and presented yourselves in a professional and collected manner. The students felt comfortable being in your class.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lesson plan was awesome! It was fun and I actually enjoyed it. I think it was the best "paired lesson" of the semester. You and Joe did a great job. The humor was great and the pictures were really good.
    Also, I love Friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil,

    As always, you make great use of humor. You and Joe had the class smiling and engaged throughout the entire lesson. Also, you are very knowledgeable with the material. Your activities met the needs of different types of learners and I have actually retained some of the information from your lesson which is surprising because I hate history! If my high school history classes were like your lesson, I probably would like history nowadays. Great job, you're going to make an amazing teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Joe make a great team. I agree with Andrea above... I loathe history class and it's probably because I always had the most boring teachers with the least amount of creativity. Knowing a lot of students feel this way about the subject it is especially important to make it fun and interesting. You will make a great teacher one day!

    ReplyDelete